Storage Management: One Pane or Several Layers?
sponsored by Storage Decisions
No matter how storage managers access or address storage (block, file, raw or file system), and regardless of the operating system platform or application using the storage, storage managers are faced with the challenge of consistently and securely managing storage enterprise-wide. This is no small task, and many users are desperate for a magic-bullet tool to help. During this session, Jim Geis explores mainstay storage protocols, including SAN and NAS, as well as innovative new protocols like iSCSI.Jim also provides important insight into how to overcome administrative storage challenges, including the convergence of provisioning, decommissioning, reporting, trending, allocation, chargeback, physical and logical volume management and more. Specific discussion topics include:
- Starting at the top with policy
- Is it storage management or storage operations?
- Agents and agentless discovery and management
- Application integration, database and file level insight
- Automation, management and virtualization
- SMI-S, BlueFin and other promised standards
(THIS RESOURCE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.)