Virtual DR - SD CHI 08
sponsored by Storage Decisions and i365, A Seagate Company
Server virtualization is being touted as a near panacea for DR by making it easier than ever to recover servers to a secondary site. But, just as virtual servers complicate backup procedures, server virtualization has an impact on storage infrastructures and may require tweaking disaster recovery plans for storage systems.This session will address these and other issues:
- With virtualization you may end up with more servers to recover, and the possibility of orphaned or unused servers
- What is VMware Site Recovery Manager--and do you need it for an effective DR plan?
- Are there any gotchas related to VMware Site Recovery Manager--like does it need a certain type of storage?
- What is VMotion, and how can it be used to aid in storage recovery?
- Do other virtualization products have similar tools?
- When is bare metal restore a good recovery option?
- Replication with virtualized servers
- Will virtualizing the storage side of the data center make DR easier with virtual servers?
(THIS RESOURCE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.)